Where church encounters community
What is the Encounter Centre?
The Encounter Centre is a vibrant, friendly place which serves the community of Birchwood and beyond! It is managed and run by people from Birchwood Community Church, who see the centre as an extension of church and an expression of our faith, enabling people of all ages and from all backgrounds to gather together…
…to chat, to be quiet; to help, to be helped; to eat, to drink (the kettle is always on!); to share, to listen; to laugh, to cry; to pray, to be prayed with; to teach, to be taught; to do, or simply to be.
And while you are there we hope that you will also, in some way, encounter the love of Jesus! The centre is generally open to the public from 9am – 4pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
What happens at the Encounter Centre?
Regular weekly activities – all free of charge – currently include:
* MONDAYS, 10am-12pm: “Young at Heart” coffee mornings. Over 50s tea, coffee, chat.
* TUESDAYS, 10am – 2pm: “HeArt” – community art and chat. Be creative and chat over a cuppa. Optional Breakfast & Bible discussion from 9am.
* WEDNESDAYS, 8pm -9pm: “Encounter God” sessions. Learn how to listen to God through the bible.
* THURSDAYS, 10:30-11:30am: Free Legal Advice (Fiona Bruce & Co) and PCSO surgery.
* THURSDAYS, 1:30-3:30pm: Foodbank. We provide emergency food parcels for local people in crisis (referral only). We also use this time to support refugees, eg by knitting blankets.
* FRIDAYS, 10am-12pm: “Take a Break”. Enjoy a cuppa and a chat.
CALL 07752 548625 (Andy or May)
VISIT Encounter Centre, 25 Benson Road, Birchwood WA3 7PQ
On Sundays we meet for worship in the Performing Arts building at Birchwood College, Brock Road, 10:45am. All are welcome!
Further details are available on the church website: www.birchwood-church.org